Finding a property to rent can sometimes be a busy and stressful situation, here at Insite Realty we aim to work with prospective tenants to ensure the process is straight forward and enjoyable.
To help make the process easier for you, here are some of our top tips:
- Know your budget and what features you need in your new rental home, for example the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, car space and if you require a pet friendly home.
- Research the areas that are suitable i.e. within your children’s school zone, close to transport, shops or your place of work.
- Make sure the property ticks all the boxes in regards to your requirements, for example is it the right size, are you able to maintain it and what services will you have to pay for.
- Have a clear idea of what date you are able to move into a property by and ensure you have enough funds saved to cover the bond which is equivalent to 4 weeks rent, as well as 2 weeks rent which must be paid before you move into the property.
- Being prepared and organised before viewing properties is also a good idea. Fill out an application form and make sure you have all of your identification documents ready to hand in at the viewing.
During a tenancy Information for tenants in houses and units
Form 13 Notice of Intention to leave
Moving in Information for tenants in houses and units
Moving out Information for tenants in houses and units
Maintenance Routine Maintenance Request Form
Pocket guide for tenants Houses and units